Before you dive into the specific brand review, we highly recommend you to read our elaborate Gas Furnace Buying Guide in advance. There are several crucial steps you need to take before you even start to think about the brand.
Ruud gas furnaces are a common brand in America with several high-quality gas furnaces. The Ruud gas furnaces are nearly the same as Rheem in features and color. This is because Rheem is the parent company of Ruud. The major differences in these gas furnaces are the model’s names. There are no major differences in design. These two companies produce high-quality gas furnaces. However, their websites are very slow and difficult to navigate.
Ruud does offer high-end gas furnaces making it a great pick in the search of a gas furnace. The Ruud and Rheem parts are interchangeable.
Unique Features in the Ruud Gas Furnaces
- Plus one water management system that allows the unit to detect any drains problems and shut the unit. The patented drain sensor helps protect the unit from any damage in case of drainage blockage.
- The Econet feature allows the Ruud gas furnaces to communicate with various parts for efficient operation.
- Two-stage gas furnaces that allow for two firing rates. This feature is available in a few selected models. The two-stage are used for very cold days and mild cold days.
- The heat exchanger that is the most crucial part of the gas furnace is made of stainless steel aluminum. This feature makes the unit reliable and durable. Most Ruud units have inshot burners that allow for direct ignition.
- Ruud gas furnaces have diagnostic abilities that allow the furnaces to self-diagnose and detect problems. This allows for troubleshooting of the gas furnaces and solving the problem.
The Ruud Company produces three levels of gas furnaces that fit all the classes of consumers. The Achiever Series is the economy model with the efficiency ranging from 80% to 95%. The next model is the ACHIEVER PLUS SERIES furnaces that have the efficiency of up to 97%. The high-efficiency models are called the ULTRA SERIES that have over 97% AFUE ratings.
Model U97V (from Ultra Series) is the high-end of all the product line with all the bells and whistles. We advise homeowners not forget to buy extended labor warranty when considering high-end models. In most cases, the labor fee for high-end series will skyrocket.
U96V is our recommended model with two-stage heating and variable speed blower. Both are practical without any bells and whistles. If you didn’t have enough budget or plan to move house in the future, R96P and R96P are good temporary options. We didn’t recommend any kind of 80% AFUE gas furnaces (like R802P and R801T) no matter what features it has. 20% heating loss is huge. Even you want to sell your house immediately, the buyer will take heating efficiency into consideration when bidding.
There is no such a thing as the perfect gas furnace. Most of these gas furnaces have similar features. One has to look at the unique extra features that have been added, the brand and professional contractor to do a proper installation. Wherever you read online, there will be negative and positive reviews depending on the experience customers have had. If installed properly, the Ruud gas furnaces are excellent and can help keep your home comfortable. They have very excellent efficiency that can help homeowners save on energy.
Ruud has been in the heating and cooling industry for over 100 years something that makes them a great choice. The company has steadily risen over the years becoming the largest heating and cooling company in North America. They are known to hire some of the highly trained specialists in the industry. The Company has evolved over the years producing gas furnaces with unique designs with a state of the art technology.
-Bart (10 years HVAC contractor)
Ruud Gas Furnace Prices By Model
We need to set an equal baseline before we can list the prices for each Ruud model. In this list, each furnace includes the same parameters: 70,000-75,000 BTU with 1000 CFM blower which is proper for a mid-sized home of around 2,000 square feet, 10-year warranty without labor fee.
The Unit Only price represents the online wholesale price excluding the shipping fee. The Unit Installation Cost includes the gas furnace unit, all materials required for the house, and labor fees. Please note that these are only estimated costs, and your actual costs may vary significantly based on your location.
|Models||Unit Only||Unit Installed Cost|
|Ruud U97V||$1,650||$3,550 - $4,350|
|Ruud U96V||$1,500||$3,350 - $4,150|
|Ruud R96T R96P||$1,500||$3,350 - $4,150|
|Ruud R95T R95P||$1,350||$3,200 - $4,000|
|Ruud R92P R92T||$1,180||$3,000 - $3,800|
|Ruud R802P U802V||$800 - $1,000||$2,750 - $3,500|
|Ruud RGGE RGJF||$1,250||$3,100 - $3,900|
|Ruud R801T R801P||$800 - $1,000||$2,500 - $3,300|
How to Get the Best Ruud Gas Furnace Prices?
- Firstly, keep in mind that installation quality is always the most important thing for gas furnace project. So never sacrifice contractor quality for lower price.
- Secondly, remember to look up the latest tax credit and rebates.
- Thirdly, ask for at least 3 bids before you make the decision. You can click here to get 3 free estimates from your local contractors, and this estimate already takes rebates and tax credit into consideration and filter unqualified contractors automatically.
At last, once you chose the right contractor, remember to use the tactics from this guide: homeowners tactics when negotiating with HVAC dealer to get the final best price.
Feel free to ask any question by leaving a comment, we will answer any question with actionable tips.