Note: Before you dive into the specific brand review, we highly recommend you to read our elaborate Central Boiler Buying Guide in advance, there are several crucial steps you need to take before you even start to think about the brand. Or you can browse our best residential boiler brand review to check what are the Best Top 9 Boiler Brands.
This Utica Boilers review is the only source you need when researching the Utica product line and accurate, current Utica boiler prices. Utica Boilers is an American manufacturer of gas and oil boilers. The company was founded in 1928. It is part of ECR International, a parent company formed through the merger of Utica Boilers with Dunkirk Radiator. Company headquarters and manufacturing facilities are in Utica, New York. We’ve reviewed Peerless boilers, Weil McLain boilers and others, so comparing the features and costs of the most popular boiler brands is easy on PickHVAC.
Introduction to Utica Boilers
This brand makes an impressive lineup of residential boilers fired with gas and oil to produce hydronic heat and domestic hot water. Both water-only and steam-or-water boilers are produced to give you a wide range of options and capacities. Here is the product lineup with essential features. Find Utica Boiler prices below.
|SSC Wall||Gas||95%||Stainless steel||50-299 MBH||Direct|
|MAC||Gas||95%||Stainless steel||125 MBH||Direct|
|UCS 240||Gas||95%||Stainless steel||240 MBH||Direct|
|SSV Wall-hung||Gas||95%||Stainless steel||50-200 MBH||Direct|
|SSV 399||Gas||96%||Stainless steel||399 MBH||Direct|
|UB90-100 IV||Gas||90%||Cast aluminum||50-100 MBH||Direct|
|97gb||Gas||95%||Stainless steel||75&100 MBH||Direct|
|MGB II/MGC||Gas||84%||Cast iron||50-299 MBH||Direct|
|CuB Series||Gas||85%||Cast iron||100-150 MBH||Atmospheric|
|SVB Series II||Gas||84%||Cast iron||42-225 MBH||Atmospheric|
|PEG E Series||Gas||83%||Cast iron||75-299 MBH||Atmospheric|
|TriFire TRB 3||Oil||87%||Cast iron||105-266 MBH||Atmospheric|
|SFE IV Steam||Oil||83%||Cast iron||106-247 MBH||Atmospheric|
|BC Series II||Oil||84%||Cast iron||133-161 MBH||Atmospheric|
|Starfire IV||Oil||84%||Cast iron||119-294 MBH||Atmospheric|
- Note on heating capacity: MBH = 1,000 BTU, so a 50MBH unit has an input of 50,000 BTU. (Output = Input x % efficiency)
- Note on gas boilers: All Utica Boilers gas models are compatible with natural gas (NG) or liquid propane (LP).
- Note on Utica Energy Star boilers: MAC Series, UCS Series, UB90-100 Series, SSV, SSC, 97gb Series and TriFire TRB3 boilers are certified by Energy Star as high-efficiency boilers.
- Note on Atmospheric venting: This designation means that hot combustion gases rise and are exhausted through a chimney.
How Utica Boilers Compare to Other Brands
The most noticeable way in which Utica boilers separate themselves from the pack is in efficiency. The seven Energy Star series listed above shows the brand’s commitment to cutting energy use and cost for the consumer. Keep in mind that warranties are shorter on condensing gas boilers like Utica’s Energy Star models because combustion condensate is very acidic and hard on heat exchangers.
Utica has made a commitment to large, efficient boilers. The SSC Wall-hung gas boiler has a wide range of capacity with models from 50-299MBH input, and all the models can be mounted on the wall. This is one of the largest wall-hung boilers available, an excellent choice when a large-capacity boiler is needed but space is limited. The SSV with 399MBH is one of the largest Energy Star units on the market.
Finally, the 15-year warranties on gas condensing model heat exchangers are longer than most, and Utica warranties across the board are longer than average.
Utica Boilers Features Analysis
These design features distinguish Utica boilers from other brands:
TriFire TRB 3 boilers are available in four sizes, and each model has three firing rates. For example, the lowest-capacity boiler in this series can be set to fire at 105, 133 or 154MBH while the highest-capacity boiler fires at 231, 252 and 266MBH. The installer can set the burner control to fire at the desired rate to deliver the proper heating for your application.
Utica has some of the best warranties in the industry. For example, the MGB cast iron boiler is backed by a lifetime limited warranty. Stainless steel, wall-hung and floor-mounted models like the SSV and 97gb boilers are backed by a 15-year limited warranty with two years of labor. The industry standard is 10 years on parts and just one year on labor.
Utica Boilers Prices
Here are accurate Utica boiler prices. These Utica boiler prices do not include the cost of installation.
Utica Boiler Prices – High-Efficiency
- SSC Wall-hung prices: $2,755-$4,695
- MAC Wall-hung price: $3,385
- UCS 240 price: $5,100
- SSV Wall-hung prices: $1,935-$4,265
- SSV 399 prices: $6,800-$7,455
- UB90-100 IV prices: $3,300-$3,450
- 97gb prices: $1,995-$3,535
Utica Gas Boiler Prices – Standard efficiency
- MGB II/MGC prices: $1,725-$3,050
- CuB Series prices: $1,845-$3,100
- SVB Series II prices: $2,185-$4,000
- PEG E Series prices: $2,550-$5,735
Utica Oil Boiler Prices
- TriFire TRB 3 prices: $2,675-$4,400
- SFE IV Steam prices: $1,485-$3,950
- BC Series II prices: $1,835-$2,575
- Starfire IV prices: $2,135-$3,750
Boiler quality is important, and Utica Boilers are among the best in the industry. However, a boiler must be installed and set up properly to deliver the highest efficiency and most reliable durability. For the best value from any brand boiler you buy, get estimates from top installers in your area. Talk with each about the experience of the crew installing your boiler and the warranty protection you will have.
How to Get the Best Utica Boiler Prices?
Firstly, When you looking for the best deals for Utica Boiler, keep in mind that installation quality is always the most important thing for residential HVAC project.
- So never sacrifice contractor quality for lower price.
- Secondly, remember to look up the latest tax credit and rebates as we talked above.
- Thirdly, ask for at least 3 bids before you make the decision. You can click here to get 3 free estimates for you local contractor, and this estimate already takes rebates and tax credit into consideration and filter unqualified contractors automatically.
At last, once you chose the right contractor, remember to use the tactics from this guide: Homeowners Tactics When Negotiating with HVAC Dealer to get the final best price.
2 thoughts on “Utica Boilers Prices, Reviews and Guide 2023”
Understand Utica boiler replacing another was ordered Friday. And will not arrive possibly until next Monday. Why so long? I am SO COLD! Not great for someone 83 to have all rooms but one (with gas logs) at 48 degrees.
I am looking to replace a Utica Series 100 AGB Gas Fired boiler. What is the cost and will it meet Mass Save “90% AFUE or greater” requirements? What unit will meet these requirements so that rebate requirements are met..