Note: Before you dive into the specific brand review, we highly recommend you to read our elaborate Central Boiler Buying Guide in advance, there are several crucial steps you need to take before you even start to think about the brand.
Lennox makes boilers for those who prefer equipment from this respected HVAC manufacturer. This Lennox boilers review provides specs for all six models in this limited lineup. We’ve included accurate Lennox boiler prices for all models, so comparing boiler costs with other brands is easy with similar guides we’ve produced for:
Introduction to Lennox Boilers
Lennox is one of the largest HVAC equipment manufacturers in North America, but it makes just one or two models in each boiler class – high efficiency gas, standard gas and oil boilers. Five are water boilers; Lennox makes a single steam boiler. The table below is an easy way to compare Lennox boilers to Carrier boilers and the other brands in our guides.
|GWM-IE||Gas||Up to 95%||Stainless steel||50-200MBH||Direct|
|GWB9-IH||Gas||Up to 90%||Cast aluminum||50-100MBH||Direct|
|GWB8-IE||Gas||Up to 84.4%||Cast iron||42-225MBH||Chimney|
|GWB8-E||Gas||Up to 83.9%||Cast iron||245-299MBH||Chimney|
|GSB8-E||Gas||Up to 82.7%||Cast iron||75-299MBH||Chimney|
|COWB3||Oil||Up to 85.2%||Cast iron||91-245MBH||Chimney|
Related Read: Heat Exchanger: Aluminum vs Cast Iron vs Stainless Steel
- MBH = 1,000BTU/h. A 200MBH boiler has 200,000 BTU input. Output = input x efficiency.
- The COWB3 oil boiler can be outfitted with a tankless coil to produce domestic hot water too very affordably.
- The GMW-IE and GWB9-IH are certified Lennox Energy Star boilers.
How Lennox Boilers Compare to Other Brands
This lineup is one of the smallest in the industry. Lennox doesn’t specialize in boilers like Peerless, Utica, Weil McLain and other boiler manufacturers. However, all the basic boiler types are represented in the catalog. The warranties on Lennox boilers range from 5 years to lifetime coverage depending on the model. The best warranties are offered on boilers with cast iron heat exchangers because of their proven durability, as they are with most other brands. The bottom line is that if you’ve had a good experience with Lennox equipment in the past, then getting an estimate on a Lennox boiler to compare with estimates for other brands makes sense. Otherwise, it’s probably better to choose a unit from a manufacturer that specializes rather than dabbles in boilers.
Lennox Boilers Features Analysis
- The Lennox GWB8-IE boiler is made with extra fiberglass insulation to prevent standby heat loss in the boiler that causes excess on/off cycling.
- Titanium burners on this boiler provide outstanding performance and durability.
- There are few other features that set Lennox apart, and that’s not surprising from a brand with a limited catalog that doesn’t focus efforts on boilers.
Lennox Boiler Prices
Lennox boiler prices are more difficult to research than prices for other brands because the boilers are mostly sold through Lennox’s network of local HVAC companies. That’s why it’s so helpful when readers submit HVAC prices they’ve paid for equipment and installation. With the help of readers and our industry contacts, we provide these current Lennox boiler prices for you to consider and compare with other brands you’re considering.
- GWM-IE prices: $1,675-$2,355
- GWB9-IH prices: $2,350-$2,900
- GWB8-IE prices: $1,895-$3,135
- GWB8-E prices: $3,650-$4,175
- GSB8-E prices: $2,245-$3,600
- COWB3 prices: $2,365-$3,685
While there are cost disadvantages from having to use a Lennox dealer to get a boiler and have it installed, the advantage is the premium quality of Lennox installation. Its local dealers are factory-trained to ensure they have experience, which quickly becomes expertise, in installing Lennox boilers. The quality of the installation determines how efficiently and durably the unit performs in the decades ahead. The best way to get the best Lennox boiler price is to request estimates from several local dealers/installers that know they are competing for the work. We can help with our Free Local Estimate, prescreened installers in your area. There is no obligation for using the service and receiving the estimates.
How to Get the Best Lennox Boiler Prices?
Firstly, When you looking for the best deals for Lennox boiler, keep in mind that installation quality is always the most important thing for residential HVAC project.
- So never sacrifice contractor quality for lower price.
- Secondly, remember to look up the latest tax credit and rebates as we talked above.
- Thirdly, ask for at least 3 bids before you make the decision. You can click here to get 3 free estimates for you local contractor, and this estimate already takes rebates and tax credit into consideration and filter unqualified contractors automatically.
At last, once you chose the right contractor, remember to use the tactics from this guide: Homeowners Tactics When Negotiating with HVAC Dealer to get the final best price.