Note: Before you dive into the specific brand review, we highly recommend you to read our elaborate Central Boiler Buying Guide in advance, there are several crucial steps you need to take before you even start to think about the brand. Or you can browse our best residential boiler brand review to check what are the Best Top 9 Boiler Brands.
Our Laars boiler review allows you to research this leading brand and compare Laars boilers to Weil McLain boilers and the many other brands we’ve reviewed including:
This review includes accurate and up-to-date Laars boiler prices for you to compare with the other brands you’re considering.
Introduction to Laars Boilers
Laars was founded in 1948 in California and developed the concept of low-mass heating using finned radiator-like tubes. The company first supplied water heaters to the rapidly growing post-WWII inground pool industry. Eventually, Laars began to build boilers for the residential and commercial heating industry. Today, Laars gas boilers are available in standard-boiler and combination (combi) boilers that also supply domestic hot water. Here is the Laars boiler catalog for comparison of models and with other brands.
|Mascot FT||Gas||Up to 95%||Stainless steel||80-199 MBH||Direct|
|Mascot LX||Gas||Up to 95%||Stainless steel||50-220 MBH||Direct|
|NeoTherm||Gas||Up to 95%||Stainless steel||80-210 MBH||Direct|
|Mini-Therm JVS||Gas||Up to 85%||Cast iron||50-225 MBH||Chimney|
|Mini-Therm JVH||Gas||Up to 83%||Cast iron||50-225 MBH||Chimney|
|Mighty Therm2||Gas||Up to 85%||Cast iron||200-400 MBH||Chimney|
|Mascot FT Combi||Gas||Up to 95%||Stainless steel||140-199 MBH||Direct|
|Mascot LX Combi||Gas||Up to 95%||Stainless steel||125-175 MBH||Direct|
|Endurance||Gas||Up to 85%||Copper&Bronze||110-175 MBH||Chimney|
Related Read: Heat Exchanger: Aluminum vs Cast Iron vs Stainless Steel
- MBH stands for 1,000 Btu/h, so 80MBH = 80,000 Btu/h input. Output = input x efficiency.
- Mascot FT, Mascot LX boilers and combi boilers are available in wall-hung and floor-mounted models for installation options that fit your requirements.
- JVS and JVH boilers are essentially the same with the exception that the JVH series are induced-draft boilers.
- Mascot FT, Mascot FT Combination, Mascot LX, Mascot LX Combination and NeoTherm boilers meet Energy Star criteria for efficient performance.
How Laars Boilers Compare to Other Brands
Laars doesn’t make as many models as Peerless, Weil-McLain or Utica, and there are no oil boilers in the lineup. This brand has a superior reputation for quality and innovation, and its warranties are average to above-average based on the series.
Laars Boilers Features Analysis
As noted, Laars is an innovative company, as these two unique features show.
- The heat exchangers on the Mascot FT Series have stainless steel sleeves and aluminum cores. There are two advantages to this construction. First, the stainless sleeves prevent the corrosion and buildup of mineral deposits common to condensing boilers. Secondly, the aluminum is lightweight, less costly and offers superior heat transfer. This is a unique, highly effective design.
- Severall Laars boilers have modulating burners, so they provide the precise amount of hot water required to keep temperatures in your home balanced and comfortable. In the Mascot LX boiler, for example, the gas valve modulates between 20% and 100% based on the indoor temperature and the thermostat setting. There are only a handful of brands that make modulating boilers, and no other makes the broadly modulating 20%-100% type.
Laars Boiler Prices
How much do Laars boilers cost? These current prices can be compared with prices from other brands you are considering.
- Mascot FT prices: $1,485-$1,875
- Mascot LX prices: $2,435-$3,675
- NeoTherm prices: $4,575-$6,465
- Mini-Therm JVS prices: $1,875-$2,835
- Mini-Therm JVH prices: 1,995-$3,150
- Mighty Therm2 prices: $2,950-$4,385
- Mascot FT Combi prices: $1,695-$3,750
- Mascot LX Combi prices $2,765-$4,995
- Endurance prices: $3,250-$3,635
When you shop for Laars boilers online or locally, some sellers don’t use the full name of the series but rather nomenclature showing model numbers and capacity. For example, Laars Mascot FT boiler model numbers start with MFT and NeoTherm boilers start with NTH. The letters are followed by the MBH of the unit, so the MFT199 is the Mascot FT with 199,000 Btu/h input.
These prices include the boiler only. An installation kit plus labor to install the unit is extra. Expect Laars boiler installation prices to range from $1,500 to $3,000 based on the complexity of the work. It makes sense to get competitive estimates from top installers in your area before making your decision.
How to Get the Best Laars Boiler Prices?
Firstly, When you looking for the best deals for Laars boiler, keep in mind that installation quality is always the most important thing for residential HVAC project.
- So never sacrifice contractor quality for lower price.
- Secondly, remember to look up the latest tax credit and rebates.
- Thirdly, ask for at least 3 bids before you make the decision. You can click here to get 3 free estimates for your local contractor, and this estimate already takes rebates and tax credit into consideration and filter unqualified contractors automatically.
At last, once you chose the right contractor, remember to use the tactics from this guide: Homeowners Tactics When Negotiating with HVAC Dealer to get the final best price.