Note: Before you dive into the specific brand review, You might also be interested in our Central Boiler Buying Guide that explains boiler systems and types, compares boiler systems to your other HVAC options and much more. Or you can browse our best residential boiler brand review to check what are the Best Top 9 Boiler Brands.
This Buderus boiler review is your one-stop place to research the brand, a complete list of its models and current, accurate Buderus boiler prices. The information makes it easy to compare the many other boiler brand reviews we’ve completed including:
Buderus has been making residential heating products in Europe for more than 200 years. In 2003, German manufacturer Bosch acquired enough shares of Buderus to take over the company. Bosch kept the Buderus brand name due to its reputation for excellence.
Introduction to Buderus Boilers
Like all top boiler brands, Buderus makes gas condensing boilers, conventional gas boilers and oil boilers in several series. Here’s a model analysis of Buderus boilers and their specifications. All our boiler reviews have a similar chart for comparison between models and brands.
|SSB||Gas||Up to 96%||Stainless steel||85-160 MBH||Direct|
|GB162||Gas||Up to 93%||Aluminum||290&333 MBH||Direct|
|GB142||Gas||Up to 95%||Aluminum||84-215 MBH||Direct|
|Logano GC144||Gas||Up to 85%||Cast iron||74-133 MBH||Chimney|
|Logano G234X||Gas||Up to 85%||Cast iron||160-266 MBH||Chimney|
|Logano G334X||Gas||Up to 85%||Cast iron||301-542 MBH||Chimney|
|Logano G115WS||Oil||Up to 87%||Cast iron||74-136 MBH||Direct or Chimney|
|Logano G215||Oil||Up to 87%||Cast iron||134-294 MBH||Chimney|
Related Read: Heat Exchanger: Aluminum vs Cast Iron vs Stainless Steel
- MBH stands for 1,000 BTU/hour, so an 85MBH boiler has input of 85,000 BTU/h. Output = input x efficiency.
- GB162, GB142 Series are wall-mounted boilers.
- GB142, GB162, Logano G115WS and Logano G215 boilers meet certification requirements for Energy Star.
- Atmospheric boilers vent upwards using a conventional chimney design. The Logano G115WS gives the option of direct or chimney venting.
How Buderus Boilers Compare to Other Brands
Buderus boilers have a reputation for being among the best-quality brands available. Despite its good reputation, Buderus warranties are average or slightly below average for the industry. There is some concern that Bosch has dropped quality standards in recent years to make Buderus boilers more cost-competitive.
Buderus Boilers Features Analysis
There are a couple Buderus boiler features that are unique.
The GB162 has a patented ALU PLUS aluminum silicate heat exchanger and Energy Management System that helps keep the unit in condensing mode for the greatest efficiency. The plasma-polymerization treatment inhibits deposits from adhering to maintain efficiency and durability. While stainless steel is typically used to produce heat exchangers for condensing units because it is resistant to the acidity in condensate, the silicate coating in ALU PLUS heat exchangers prevents corrosion from the acidity and aluminum is less costly than stainless steel. Many of the Buderus condensing boilers have aluminum heat exchangers, and we recommend you discuss durability when getting Buderus boiler estimates.
The Logano GC144 gas boiler is designed for high-elevation installation up to 8,500 feet.
Buderus Boiler Prices
How much do Buderus boilers cost? Here are current prices for comparing with other brands we’ve reviewed.
Buderus gas boiler prices:
- Buderus SSB prices: $3,365-$8,750
- Buderus GB162 prices: $5,575-$6,950
- Buderus GB142 prices: $3,675-$5,100
- Buderus Logano GC144 prices: $1,995-$2,425
- Buderus Logano G234X prices: $2,950-$4,000
- Buderus Logano G334X prices: $4,975-$7,100
Buderus oil boiler prices:
- Buderus Logano G115WS prices: $1,475-$2,795
- Buderus Logano G215 prices: $2,065-$5,450
Note: When you shop for Buderus boilers locally or online, you might not see the prefix “Logano” on models. For example, the Logano GC144 will be listed as the Buderus GC144.
Shop around for the best prices on Buderus boilers. Just a few online wholesalers have them, but many local supply houses do. The prices we’ve listed are for the boilers only. Expect boiler installation estimates to be $1,500 to $3,000 for most jobs. Click here if you’d like competitive estimates from top pre-screened installers in your area.
How to Get the Best Buderus Boiler Prices?
Firstly, When you looking for the best deals for Buderus boiler, keep in mind that installation quality is always the most important thing for residential HVAC project.
- So never sacrifice contractor quality for lower price.
- Secondly, remember to look up the latest tax credit and rebates as we talked above.
- Thirdly, ask for at least 3 bids before you make the decision. You can click here to get 3 free estimates for your local contractor, and this estimate already takes rebates and tax credit into consideration and filter unqualified contractors automatically.
At last, once you chose the right contractor, remember to use the tactics from this guide: Homeowners Tactics When Negotiating with HVAC Dealer to get the final best price.