From fabric steamers and heaters to personal fans, Vornado has produced some interesting products over the years. That includes a solid range of tower fans with a variety of high-powered units. If you’re looking for the top Vornado tower fan reviews, you have come to the right place as our team dug through hundreds of verified reviews across a dozen products to find the best Vornado tower fans currently available.
- Vornado Tower Fan Reviews
- How to Find the Best Vornado Tower Fan
- Vornado’s Tower Fan Collection
- Pros and Cons of Vornado Tower Fans
- Vornado Tower Fan FAQ
Vornado Tower Fan Reviews
#1 Vornado OSCR37
- Size: 37”
- Oscillation: Yes
- Speed: 4
- Timer: 3/6/9/12
- Decibel Level: 31-44dB
- CFM: 181-293
- Warranty: 5-year
#2 Vornado NGT425
- Size: 42”
- Oscillation: No
- Speed: 5
- Timer: 8 hour
- Decibel Level: 42-55dB
- CFM: 329 - 406
- Warranty: 5-year
#3 Vornado NGT33DC
- Size: 32”
- Oscillation: No
- Speed: 99
- Timer: 1-12
- Decibel Level: 31-55dB
- CFM: 100-440
- Warranty: 10 years
#4 Vornado Duo Compact
- Size: 14.5”
- Oscillation: No
- Speed: 4
- Timer: None
- Decibel Level: 32-42dB
- CFM: 45-78
- Warranty: 5-year
#5 Vornado 143
- Size: 29”
- Oscillation: No
- Speed: 3
- Timer: 1/2/4/8
- Decibel Level: 52-65dB
- CFM: 159-263
- Warranty: 5-year
The Best Oscillating Vornado Tower Fan
#1 Vornado Oscillating Tower Fan OSCR37
In our experience, tower fans around 35” are the most popular style, and tend to provide the most bang for your buck as well. Our top pick from Vornado is the OSCR37, a true tower fan with plenty of settings and an ample amount of power.
This tower fan is one of the larger models on our list at 36.7” tall and 12” wide. It’s not heavy at 10 pounds, and there is a handle in the back if you need to tote it from one room to the next. There aren’t many controls on chrome-accented beauty aside from a few buttons on the top. The overall design of the OSCR37, along with the rest of the company’s tower fans, definitely helps set them apart from other manufacturers.
You can access the functions on this fan from a series of touch-sensitive buttons or a remote. Both allow you to adjust the speed, set the timer, or turn on oscillation. This is one of only two fans the company has that oscillates, although the V-flow design allows it to be used in a stationary fashion as well. The fan has four speeds and a timer that ranges from 3 to 12 hours.
We chose the Vornado OSCR37 as our top option because of the airflow, its ability to oscillate, and the timer. The timer is longer than what you’ll find with many models, and this fan is one of their more powerful units with a rating of 293 CFM on high. Some consumers had issues with the remote control, but that is the only relatively common negative we noted for this model.
- Pros: Has V-Flow technology, but also oscillates. 12-hour timer and 4-speed settings.
- Cons: Some reports of connectivity issues.
The Best High Powered Vornado Tower Fan
#2 Vornado NGT425 Air Circulator Tower Fan with Versa-Flow
Most tower fans fall into two categories – powerful or quiet. Occasionally, manufacturers will introduce a product that strikes the right balance between those two features, and that’s what Vornado accomplished with the NGT425 Versa-Flow tower fan.
With an airflow rating of 604 on high, this fan is the most powerful model on our list. It produces over 300 CFM on low as well, so it’s not lacking in the power department. The company managed to keep the noise levels down, however, which makes the Vornado NGT425 an excellent choice for large areas like family rooms.
As you’d expect, this tower fan is a little larger than most. This fan is 42” tall and 13” wide with a weight of close to 11 pounds. It has the company’s popular no-wobble base and is as easy to set up as it is to use. There are only a handful of buttons on the unit, and no traditional display, which means there are bright lights to keep you awake at night.
From the 8-hour timer to the high rate of airflow, there’s a lot to like with the Vornado NGT425. While it does have five speeds, a few more would have been nice, although that is the only complaint we have on this model. Quality control seemed to be a problem with earlier models, but those issues seem to have been remedied based on new reviews of this model.
Pros: 5-speeds with plenty of power. Attractive design, 8-hour timer, and low decibel levels.
Cons: Quality control, pay attention to the seller, and manufacturing date.
The Best Tower Fan for Energy Efficiency
#3 Vornado Energy Smart Tower Fan NGT33DC
One of the things about using a unique technology is that it tends to have an impact on the design of a product. While you’ll find that most of Vornado’s tower fans have a similar style, you might be surprised to find out what lies under the hood of the efficient NGT33DC.
The motor is the heart of any tower fan, and this one has a brushless DC motor. That makes it up to 80% more efficient than traditional models, and it has plenty of power to boot. The Vornado NGT33DC can hit speeds of around 440 CFM but is surprisingly quiet thanks to another unique feature with variable speed control.
Most tower fans only come with three speeds, but you will get 99 with from this one. Are all those speeds necessary? Not exactly, but it does give you a measure of control you won’t find from other units. It can shoot air up to 90 feet away and provides continuous airflow sans oscillation through Versa-Flow air circulation technology. The fan also has a 12-hour timer, which you can set in 1-hour increments.
The Vornado NGT33DC is one of a handful of energy-efficient tower fans from Vornado, and despite some less than stellar reviews, it brings some unique features to the table. Brushless motors raise the cost of any product but are well worth it from an efficiency standpoint. This fan also has a top-tier warranty from Vornado rated for 10-years.
Pros: Variable speed system with 99 settings. The powerful DC motor; 10-year warranty and a 12-hour timer.
Cons: The price tag.
The Best Personal Tower Fan
#4 Vornado Duo Compact Tower Air Circulator Fan
While most tower fans are in the 30 to 40-inch range, there is a small niche geared towards consumers that need something smaller that can still cool down a small room. Of these mini-tower fans, Vornado has one of the best on the market with the Duo Small Room Air Circulator.
At only 14.5” tall and a little over 5” wide, the Vornado FA1-0062-06 certainly won’t take up much space. It weighs 3.7 pounds and has a modern design that utilizes the company’s V-Flow technology. That means it doesn’t need to oscillate in order to circulate air throughout an entire room. The Duo Tower is simple to control with only one button and lives up to its namesake with an interesting design.
You can use it upright or on its side, as a small, but powerful hybrid desktop fan. The 2.5” blades produce speeds between 45 to 78 cubic feet per minute. That’s on the low end compared to a traditional tower fan, but impressive given its size. There are no special modes on the Vornado Duo, but the fan is ideal for small rooms or enclosed areas where you need to save space.
There’s also no remote included with this model, which is a bit of a disappointment, although not uncommon with smaller budget-friendly fans. The main drawback is the overall lack of features. There were also some older reviews related to quality control, but that shouldn’t be an issue as it has the same 5-year warranty as the company’s larger models.
- Pros: Four speeds with a reasonable range for its size. Unique design allows for vertical or horizontal airflow. Nice price point.
- Cons: No remote control or timer.
The Best Budget-Friendly Vornado Tower Fan
#5 Vornado 143 Whole Room Air Circulator Fan
Most of Vornado’s fans are a bit more expensive than models from other brands, but there are a few exceptions in their catalog. The Vornado 143 is one of them, as it won’t break the bank but still provides enough airflow for a small to medium-sized room.
It would be easy to mistake the Vornado 143 for another model from the company based on style alone. The fan has the same basic design, but with a few minor cosmetic differences on the top where the controls are found. Like the rest of their lineup, this fan was engineered with ease of use in mind with no display and only a series of simple buttons.
The power produced by this tower fan is impressive, considering it's only 29” tall and weighs less than 7 pounds. It’s compact but can still crank out around 263 CFMs on the highest setting. When it comes to features, there are only three speeds to go along with an 8-hour timer. This tower fan is an entry-level model, although you still get a remote, and it utilizes the company’s V-Flow system as well.
If you’re interested in the design and performance of Vornado’s tower fans but have been put off by their price tag, the 143 is worth a look. While it does not come with as many features or speeds, it gives you a chance to test out something from their non-oscillating lineup without breaking the bank.
Pros: Respectable airflow rate for its size. Three speeds with an 8-hour timer.
Cons: Can be noisy on high. The remote control isn’t the best.
How to Find the Best Vornado Tower Fan
Vornado hasn’t been in the tower fan business as long as brands like Lasko or Honeywell, but they have been producing fans since the 1940s. Their current lineup has changed significantly since the Vornadofan was a top-seller, although you can buy sleek retro versions of their originals today.
One thing we want to point out with Vornado’s tower fans are the ratings. Reviews will vary wildly from one site to the next, and their products perform far better than their ratings imply. In our research, we found that most poor reviews were due to quality control issues, which were related to older reviews.
Most of those issues appear to have been ironed out based on new reviews and a little first-hand experience with a few of their fans. Other negatives were related to airflow, where some consumers didn’t understand the concept behind V-Flow and a fan that doesn’t oscillate.
On average, we found Vornado’s tower fans on par with most of the top brands from a performance standpoint. Their fans have a distinct look, and tend to offer more airflow for the money, but cost a little more overall.
Vornado’s Tower Fan Collection
At this time, the company has 13 tower fans available on the market that range from personal tower fans to large 42” models. With that in mind, here are the key features to look for when shopping for the best Vornado tower fan.
- Speeds – The average number of speeds found on most tower fans today is three, which provides consumers with low, medium, and high. Most of Vornado’s fans have four speeds, but their lineup of energy-efficient fans have variable speed systems. There are also one of the only companies to provide CFM or airflow ratings on their fans.
- Timers – Timers are a feature you will find on most tower fans, and they are common on Vornado’s tower fans as well aside from a few oddballs. More expensive models give you an extra measure of control by allowing you to adjust the timer in 1-hour increments while others may only let you set time in hourly blocks.
- Decibel Levels – If you plan on using a fan in your bedroom at night or need to cool off the family room, it’s a good idea to make sure it is relatively quiet. We found the majority of Vornado’s tower fans are between 35 to 45 decibels, which is impressive compared to other brands.
- Oscillation – Oscillation is a feature most consumers look for, but not something you will find on many tower fans from Vornado. Their V-Flow technology eliminates the need for oscillation but can be an unpleasant surprise if you don’t know what to expect beforehand.
While the design of Vornado fans help them stand out, the real draw is the way they circulate air throughout a room. To learn more about V-Flow and how their non-oscillating fans work, check out the video below.
Pros and Cons of Vornado Tower Fans
Settling on a tower fan can be challenging when choosing from an extensive lineup, but there are also dozens of brands to consider. That’s where weighing the pros against the cons comes in handy, especially when you find yourself torn between popular options like Dyson, Vornado, and Lasko.
Vornado Tower Fan Pros
- Power – When you want a powerful fan for a room, box fans are generally your best bet as tower fans aren’t known for their horsepower. Our experts found that Vornado’s fans have a higher CFM rating on average when compared to similar-sized tower fans.
- Brushless motors – If you are a power tool aficionado, you already know the difference a brushless motor can make. They are a rarity in tower fans, but Vornado is one of the few companies that put this efficient type of motor
- V-Flow – This technology sets Vornado apart from other manufactures, as it replaces the oscillation feature found on traditional tower fans. While it’s not a feature for everyone, it’s one of the company’s main selling points.
- Warranty Program – Residential fans usually only come with a 1-year warranty, although most outlive that mark when taken care of. Vornado has arguably the best guarantee of any tower fan manufacturer as you’ll get 5-years on most tower fans and 10 years on their Energy Smart series.
Vornado Tower Fan Cons
- The Price – Fan manufacturers generally produce systems at different price points so you’ll find budget, mid-range, and premium products. Vornado’s units largely fall into the mid-range. By comparison, Dyson fans are all in the premium range, while Lasko’s line is more budget-friendly.
- Selection – Looking for a white tower fan for a bright kitchen? Well, you’ll be disappointed with Vornado’s tower fans from that standpoint. Their designs all have the same general style, which looks good… as long as you’re a fan of black.
Vornado Tower Fan FAQ
Q: Can I use my Vornado tower fan during the winter, or should I store it?
A: You should always store any tower fan when it’s not going to be used or an extended period of time. Using a Vornado air circulator on low during the winter can increase energy savings, however, by distributing warm air throughout a room.
Q: Does Vornado have any tower fans rated for outdoor use?
A: At this time, none of Vornado’s tower fans are UL listed for outdoor use. While they can be used outdoors like any other fan, their design is not ideal for open spaces.
Q: Will I need to oil the motor in my tower fan? What kind of maintenance should I expect?
A: Vornado tower fans are easy to care for as long as you clean them periodically, and you’ll never need to oil the motor. In fact, the company’s motor is permanently lubricated, so oiling it can cause damage or void your warranty.
Q: My fan won’t turn on, what should I do?
A: Whenever you experience issues with your tower fan, the first thing you should do is consult the user manual. With that in mind, the fuse in the cord could be blown, but is easy to replace as needed compared to other brands.