Note: Before you dive into the specific brand review, we highly recommend you to read our elaborate Mini-Split Buying Guide in advance, there are several crucial steps you need to take before you even start to think about the brand.
In addition, we’ve prepared guides for other mini-splits useful for comparing brands. They include:
For a good number of years now, LG, also known as LG Global, has been striving hard to make the world a safer, comfortable, and more prosperous place to live in. LG offers a broad range of air conditioning systems to provide a comfortable indoor environment even in the hottest and coolest climates out there.
According to various LG mini split heat pump reviews, here are just a few of the many reasons why this particular brand happens to be so outstanding:
- Easy installation – duct work expansion can be a difficult undertaking. LG mini split heat pumps feature a thin tubing to pump refrigerant directly to a discreet unit thus eliminating the need for an attic or basement-located unit and bulky ductwork.
- Quiet and peaceful operation – LG ductless heat pumps feature an extra-quiet fan speed to make way for a quiet, comfortable and most peaceful operation. So, with LG ductless technology, you can finally enjoy the quiet and comfortable nights you’ve been yearning for.
- Improved energy efficiency –ductless technology will allow you to eliminate energy loss. Loosely sealed ducts, especially when they are located in unconditioned spaces, such as attics, can easily waste more than 30% energy. Inefficient energy use is not only unfavorable to the environment, but it can also increase your utility bills significantly. LG mini split heat pumps, being ductless, naturally forego this kind of energy loss. So other than installing easily and not eating up a lot of closet space, ductless conditioning systems are extremely energy-saving.
- Easily customizable – another equally amazing feature of LG ductless heat pumps is their capability to be customized. These systems come with timers and built-in sleep functions to give you greater control of how and when to heat your rooms. In short, with LG’s ductless technology, you don’t have to condition rooms that are not in use and neither do you have to heat any ducts in your attic or walls. That makes it possible for you to save money as you will only be paying for occupied rooms. Traditional systems are not customizable which leads to unnecessary utility bills and inefficient energy use.
- Wireless remote control – this kind of heat pump is also all about comfort and class. With the wireless remote control feature, there is no need to rise from your couch or bed to adjust the temperature.
LS090HYV is the top line of LG product which can get up to 28 SEER (efficiency rating) thanks to LG Twin Rotary Compressor. With this compressor’s inverter technology, while energy loss is incurred in the process of switching voltage between AC and DC, inverter drive keeps this loss minimal for improved energy efficiency. The average noise level for most wall-mounted ductless heat pumps is 19-24db. LG HYV series get down to 17db when working in sleep mode.
LG Mini Split Worth A Try?
LG units are from Korean company which is not as good as Japan’s ones like Mitsubishi and Fujitsu. But they are more affordable and still reliable in most cases. If you want to seek the highest efficient and extremely quality ductless heat pump, Mitsubishi should be your first choice. The price of Mitsubishi is nearly twice as expensive as LG ones. In a conclusion, LG is one of top 4 mini split heat pump manufacturers and if you can find a qualified LG contractor, it will be worth your money.
LG Mini Split Heat Pump Prices By Size
Unit Include: 1 Heat Pump Outdoor Unit, 1 Wall-Mounted Indoor Unit, 10 Year Warranty
The average price to install one LG mini-split (ductless) heat pump system is $2,000
One Unit Installed
|LG 9K BTU 24 SEER||350-400 sf||$1,340|
|LG 12K BTU 25 SEER||450-550 sf||$1,650|
|LG 15K BTU 21 SEER||600-700 sf||$1,950|
|LG 18K BTU 20 SEER||700-900 sf||$2,250|
|LG 24k BTU 20 SEER||800-1200 sf||$2,860||$4,990|
LG Mini Split Air Conditioner Prices By Size
Unit Include: 1 Air Conditioner Outdoor Unit, 1 Wall-Mounted Air Conditioner Indoor Unit, 10 Year Warranty
The average price to install one LG mini-split (ductless) air conditioner is $2,000
One Unit Installed
|LG 9K BTU 24 SEER||350-400 sf||$1,140|
|LG 12K BTU 25 SEER||450-550 sf||$1,400|
|LG 15K BTU 21 SEER||600-700 sf||$1,650|
|LG 18K BTU 20 SEER||700-900 sf||$1,850|
|LG 24k BTU 20 SEER||800-1200 sf||$2,190||$4,390|
Submitted LG Mini Split Prices and Reviews
Here are the homeowners’ submitted prices and feedback for new installation and replacement. We will update this table every 3-6 months.
Brand & Model & Size
|$7,700 (4 rooms)||LS 180HEV||Irvine, CA||17,000 BTU|
|It is 12 months now since I bought this unit and I have to say I am more than satisfied with it. With its higher air circulation rates, sometimes as much as 547 cubic feet per minute, heating and cooling my almost 1,000 square feet of my home’s floor space is nothing more than child’s play. Heat spreads through the entire house fast, just as cooling is almost instant. You wouldn’t even realize the presence of the machine in the house as it operates with minimal noise.|
|$3,700 (2 rooms)||LS090HXV||Annapolis, MD||11,200 BTU|
|I have been using this unit for the last 14 months and would be hard pressed to give it a glowing tribute. Though it performs a great job in heating up my home, I have to contend with the constant whirring sound in the background. I wouldn’t have a problem with the sound except that my 6 month-old baby who is finding it increasingly difficult to sleep. Nevertheless, I still give it a thumbs-up for the good job of keeping the room warm.|
|No other heat pump has been able to give my family the peace and comfort to enjoy the environment of the home like the LMN127HVT from LG. With its massive 12,000BTU power, it is much more than just a heater as it purifies air as well. When winter comes calling and we have to worry about electricity bills, it is never an issue with this heat pump. It is mounted safely out of reach of children on the wall and its presence would never be felt save for the constant breeze of fresh air.|
|$5,700 (3 rooms)||N/A||Augusta, ME||18,000 BTU|
|This thing is a total rip-off! It is not unlike LG, a company with a reputation to uphold, to pass off this sorry excuse of a machine for a useful device. I am totally disappointed and have a strong feeling that my $1,000 ought to be refunded. I got the heater 10 months ago and it rarely performs its job: too much noise and excessive heating when operational, and completely silent and inactive when you need it most. It is a complete turn-off.|
|$5,700 (3 rooms)||LG LA120HSV2||Baton Rouge, LA||11,200 BTU|
|This is just what I needed. With a floor space of 650 square feet, I needed a machine that would pump heat throughout the room in minimal time and cool it just as quickly. I never have to worry about sudden temperature changes when I am asleep ever since a bought this heater from LG 15 months ago. I never had to replace any part within this time and absolutely no interruptions. Keep up the good job, LG.|
|$1,465.00 (installed)||LG LA120 HVP||N/A||N/A|
|With a BTU heating and cooling of 13,300 and 11,200 respectively, I must say this is a machine of a kind. Though not the most sophisticated in its lineage, cooling and heating my home has never been a challenge since I acquired it 14 months ago.Suffice to say, it gets the job done although there is a little whirring sound when you turn it on but that soon disappears as it settles down to work. It is over a year now and I haven’t had to replace any of its parts.|
How to Get the Best LG Mini-Split Prices?
- Firstly, keep in mind that installation quality is always the most important thing for residential HVAC project. So never sacrifice contractor quality for lower price.
- Secondly, remember to look up the latest tax credit and rebates.
- Thirdly, ask for at least 3 bids before you make the decision. You can click here to get 3 free estimates for you local contractor, and this estimate already takes rebates and tax credit into consideration and filter unqualified contractors automatically.
At last, once you chose the right contractor, remember to use the tactics from this guide: Homeowners Tactics When Negotiating with HVAC Dealer to get the final best price.