Note: Before you dive into the specific brand review, we highly recommend you to read our elaborate Mini-Split Buying Guide in advance, there are several crucial steps you need to take before you even start to think about the brand.
In addition, we’ve prepared guides for other mini-splits useful for comparing brands. They include:
For almost 4 decades now, Fujitsu, also known as Fujitsu General, has successfully managed to heat and cool homes and offices from every corner of the world. Among their most successful line of heat pumps is the Fujitsu mini split heat pump – a highly efficient heat pump that comes with a number of great features. In this review, we will analyze the features of Fujitsu and popular models. Then you’ll see feedbacks from both expert and customer which can give you a comprehensive suggestion for this brand. At last, we will show you the estimated prices, negotiating tactics with you contractor and tax credit information. Ok, let’s get started!
· Extremely discreet – Unlike many conditioning systems on the market today, the Fujitsu ductless heat pump offers a variety of lengths when it comes to connecting conduits. That means you can position the outdoor unit as far away as 40 or 50 feet from the indoor unit if you so wish. It also means you can heat a room or rooms on the front side of your house and still locate the outdoor unit in a more inconspicuous place.
· Energy efficient – each mini slip zone comes with its own thermostat. That means you don’t really have to condition unoccupied spaces or rooms, which saves you a lot of energy and a huge sum of money in the long run. Also, mini split heat pumps are ductless which means they have no ducts. They, therefore, avoid the usual energy losses that are common with the ductwork that is associated with central forced air systems. Ductwork energy loss, especially when the ducts are in the attic and other unconditioned spaces, can easily add up to more than 30% of the total energy consumed.
· Several design option – the Fujitsu ductless heat pump comes in a variety of designs that offer more flexibility when it comes to interior design. These units can be hung on walls, mounted into drop ceilings, among other options. Floor standing units are also on the market.
· Deodorizing filters – the heat pump also boasts of long-life ion deodorizing filters that decompose odors and dust, and control the growth of mold and other harmful microorganisms.
· Variable watts/amps draw- due to advancements in technology, the Fujitsu ductless heat pump is able to run at variable watts and amps. That means the pump uses less electricity when it’s warmer.
|RLS3 (RLS2)||9RLS3 (9RLS2)||29-33||9000||$300|
|RLFW (RLFW1)||9RLFW1 (9RLFW)||23||9000||$300|
|RLXFW (RLXFW1)||18RLXFW1 (18RLXFW)||23||18000||No|
Confused by the above dazzling models? Actually it is easier to choose the right model than you imagine. All you have to do it choose the most cost-effective “Size” and “Efficiency”. We already had an in-depth guide teaching your how to choose the right size and efficiency ratings. There’s no best model for everyone. The best model changes according to your own condition. We strongly recommend you to read this guide before choosing any Mitsubishi mini-split model.
Fujitsu Mini Split Air Conditioner Prices By Size
Unit Include: 1 AC Outdoor Unit, 1 Wall-Mounted Indoor Unit, 10 Year Warranty
The average price to install one Fujitsu mini-split (ductless) air conditioner system is $1,970
One Unit Installed
|Fujitsu 9K BTU 29 SEER||350-400 sf||$1,640|
|Fujitsu 12K BTU 25 SEER||450-550 sf||$1,630|
|Fujitsu 15K BTU 23 SEER||600-700 sf||$2,150|
|Fujitsu 18K BTU 20 SEER||700-900 sf||$2,500|
|Fujitsu 24K BTU 20 SEER||800-1200 sf||$2,980||$4,920|
Fujitsu Mini Split Heat Pump Prices By Size
Unit Include: 1 Heat Pump Outdoor Unit, 1 Wall-Mounted Indoor Unit, 10 Year Warranty
The average price to install one Fujitsu mini-split (ductless) heat pump is $2,050
One Unit Installed
|Fujitsu 9K BTU 24 SEER||350-400 sf||$1,740|
|Fujitsu 12K BTU 25 SEER||450-550 sf||$2,030|
|Fujitsu 15K BTU 21 SEER||600-700 sf||$2,360|
|Fujitsu 18K BTU 20 SEER||700-900 sf||$2,650|
|Fujitsu 24K BTU 20 SEER||800-1200 sf||$3,390||$5,490|
Submitted Fujitsu Mini-split Prices and Reviews
Here are the homeowner-submitted prices and feedback for new installation and replacement. We will update this table every 3-6 months.
Brand & Model & Size
|$6,700 (3 rooms)||RLS3||Atlanta, GA||18,000 BTU|
|I have had this unit for the last 13 months, and I would say its modus operandi has had me very satisfied. It is able to keep warm or cool down a floor space north of 750 square foot. My home is the open floor kind, and since I laid out the unit, it has operated with no noise at all-there is the increasing humming when you turn the system on but this self-corrects as it reads up on the surrounding temperatures.|
|$4,750 (extended tub)||RLS3||Scranton, Pennsylvania||11,200 BTU|
|The general space in my case is 1000 square feet, and the unit works just fine and has for the last six months. At the beginning, I couldn’t quite figure out much about the controls but I got the hang of it at the end. The outward unit is real quiet, and that works for me.|
|Very disappointed. Got me one of these a year ago and the whole thing is practically dead. Don’t know what happened here, started with mild functionality issues, then went to overheating and now I can’t say I have the thing working.|
|$6,700||N/A||Little Rock, AR||18,000 BTU|
|What I realized with this unit is that you can operate it even at extreme temperatures, like -20 degrees Celsius. Even with drops in temperatures, mine has always operated at near 100%.This means that I do not have to quibble over fluctuations in temperatures as the pump is able to adjust freely and fast according to the prevailing conditions . As expected with these units, there is always a defrost cycle when the temperatures drop to aforementioned extremes. For those who do not know about defrost cycles, they involve a reverse operation whose aim is to get rid of frost(or ice) that inevitably builds up on the outer area of the device. Generally, this sort of activity only lasts up to around 25 minutes, which is a mighty relief as far as I’m concerned.You do not have to wait around around too long to clear any buildup.|
|I wouldn’t say that this was the most sophisticated heat pump I have ever had put in, but I will say that it does what I need it to do. I have a relatively small area to heat-600 square feet and while I have seen better, this ductless appliance works just fine. I mean, there is not much in the way of ultra-sophisticated features but the temperature regulation mechanism just goes about its way. Decent but not worth writing home about.|
|Up to about a year ago, I had been using pumps that require duct work and one of the lessons I came away was that there are better ways to heat up your home or business and still manage to save energy. With the 18RLFCD, I can do that and way lot more.|
How to Get the Best Fujitsu Mini-Split Prices?
- Firstly, keep in mind that installation quality is always the most important thing for residential HVAC project. So never sacrifice contractor quality for lower price.
- Secondly, remember to look up the latest tax credit and rebates.
- Thirdly, ask for at least 3 bids before you make the decision. You can click here to get 3 free estimates for your local contractor, and this estimate already takes rebates and tax credit into consideration and filter unqualified contractors automatically.
At last, once you chose the right contractor, remember to use the tactics from this guide: Homeowners Tactics When Negotiating with HVAC Dealer to get the final best price.