Note: Before you dive into the specific brand review, we highly recommend you to read our elaborate Central Boiler Buying Guide in advance, there are several crucial steps you need to take before you even start to think about the brand.
Introduction to Peerless Boilers
Peerless makes a complete line of gas-fired and oil-fired boilers for residential and commercial use. Here’s our model analysis of the Peerless boilers and their specifications.
|PUREFIRE||Gas||Up to 95%||Stainless steel||46-192 MBH||Sealed/Direct|
|Combi 160||Gas||Up to 91%||Stainless steel||27-142 MBH||Sealed/Direct|
|Cast 92-2||Gas||Up to 90%||Cast iron||37-184 MBH||Chimney|
|M-185||Gas||Up to 85%||Cast iron||51-128 MBH||Chimney|
|MI-HII||Gas||Up to 84%||Cast iron||54-135 MBH||Chimney|
|MI||Gas||Up to 84%||Cast iron||58-211 MBH||Chimney|
|DE||Gas||Up to 82%||Cast iron||58-136 MBH||Direct/Chimney|
|PSCII||Gas||Up to 85%||Cast iron||58-128 MBH||Sealed/Direct|
|a63||Gas||Up to 82%||Cast iron||73-241 MBH||Chimney|
|Pinnacle||Oil||Up to 92%||Stainless steel||56-67 MBH||Sealed/Direct|
|WB-90||Oil||Up to 90%||Cast iron||111-160 MBH||Sealed/Direct|
|WV-DV||Oil||Up to 86%||Cast iron||92-158 MBH||Direct|
|WBV/WV||Oil||Up to 87%||Cast iron||74-237 MBH||Chimney|
|EC/ECT||Oil||Up to 86%||Cast iron||91-347 MBH||Chimney|
Related Read: Heat Exchanger: Aluminum vs Cast Iron vs Stainless Steel
Note: An MBH is 1,000 BTU per hour, so 46MBH = 46,000 BTU/hour
Note: Steam models can heat with water too
Peerless Boilers Features Analysis
What features set Peerless boilers apart from the rest? Here are the unique features available.
- Energy Star efficiency: Peerless’ group of Energy Star-certified boilers is among the tops in the industry. Series that are certified by Energy Star are: WB90, WBV/WV, Pinnacle, Cast 92, Combi 160 and PUREFIRE. While there are no federal tax credits for energy efficient boilers currently available, most utility companies continue to offer rebates and credits for the installation of Energy Star equipment. Contact qualified local installers for details, or you can contact your utility company or search this clearinghouse of energy credits.
- Combination boilers: The Combi 160 series combines hydronic heating with the production of hot water. The system uses an integrated storage tank with a heat coil for domestic hot water. The result is efficiency that lowers equipment and operation costs.
- Stainless steel boilers: The advantages of stainless steel include lighter weight and longer lifespan when corrosion is eliminated. There are three Peerless boiler series featuring stainless steel construction. PUREFIRE and Combi 160 are gas boilers; The Pinnacle Series is oil boiler.
How Peerless Compared to Other Brands
Peerless gives you one of the largest and best selections of boilers for your home or light-commercial space. Of special note are the five oil models for homeowners where home heating oil is commonly used including the Energy Star-certified 92% AFUE Pinnacle condensing boiler that is one of the most efficient oil boilers available.
As you compare Peerless boiler prices with prices from other leading brands, it is clear that Peerless product costs are higher than average, though not as costly as Laars boilers. Peerless warranties are above average and include lifetime heat exchanger warranties on several models. However, Peerless is very clear that the warranty will be voided if the unit isn’t installed and serviced by a licensed heating contractor or if it is not used for its intended purpose. The guidelines are tougher than with most other brands, though all have some restrictions.
Peerless Boiler Prices
Our Peerless Boiler price list can be used to compare boiler prices among the brands we’ve reviewed.
Peerless gas boiler prices
- Peerless PUREFIRE prices: $3,100-$11,400
- Peerless Combi 160 prices: $4,800-$5,750
- Peerless Cast 92-2 prices: $1,875-$6,200
- Peerless M185 prices: $1,450-3,800
- Peerless MIHII prices: $2,600-$4,125
- Peerless MI prices: $1,875-$3,375
- Peerless DE prices: $2,335-$3,900
- Peerless PSCII prices: $2,550-$3,585
- Peerless 63 prices: $2,650-$5,565
Peerless oil boiler prices
- Peerless Pinnacle prices: $6,735-$7,100
- Peerless WB90 prices: $4,875-$5,500
- Peerless WV-DV prices: $1,785-$3,935
- Peerless WBV/WV prices: $2,050-$3,225
- Peerless EC/ECT prices: $2,375-$3,600
For the best prices on Peerless or any brand boiler, get estimates from several local installers.
How to Get the Best Peerless Boiler Prices?
Firstly, When you looking for the best deals for Peerless Boiler, keep in mind that installation quality is always the most important thing for residential HVAC project.
- So never sacrifice contractor quality for lower price.
- Secondly, remember to look up the latest tax credit and rebates as we talked above.
- Thirdly, ask for at least 3 bids before you make the decision. You can click here to get 3 free estimates for you local contractor, and this estimate already takes rebates and tax credit into consideration and filter unqualified contractors automatically.
At last, once you chose the right contractor, remember to use the tactics from this guide: Homeowners Tactics When Negotiating with HVAC Dealer to get the final best price.